GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 42,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Making the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity our highest priorities is The Way We Work.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Posted Position Title
OG Project Engineer 6
Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available
A Controls Design Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer’s specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements. They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
Ensure that everything is done with integrity and compliance
Ensure that the output from the group is of high quality
Provide technical support and guidance to Global Service Team
Generate work scope and task lists for the unit engineers
Generate Software System Design Specification Ensuring functional safety requirements for the System
Comply with company and customer safety standards.
Maintaining Short-Interval Control for engineers.
Undertake design and generate documentation to meet agreed deliveries.
Prepare documentation and utilize ePIMS
Comply with eTOPPS Procedures
Reporting of engineering progress as part of the Daily LOB.
Identification of VOR opportunities.
Identification of DMP opportunities.
Organizing equipment design reviews.
Identification of technical, schedule and commercial risks
Review all relevant analyses to verify findings and recommendations are acted upon.
Support of technical and project execution audits imposed by clients.
• Engineering support during after Sales Manufacturing
• Attend close-out meetings/lessons learned.
• Development of Design Specifications for Software
• Software development using In Touch, In Control or PLC
• Integration of Software with Deliverable Hardware
• Testing & Fault finding to ensure quality of delivered software
• Support all electrical aspects of the equipment portfolio
• Minimum of 5 years’ hands on experience in subsea projects or design engineering
• B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering or a degree in Hydraulics
• Must have experience in mechanical hydraulic systems related to subsea
• Expertise concerning xmas trees and subsea controls is critical
• The post holder shall have an engineering background and will have a good understanding of Company codes of practice and relevant national and international standards.
• The post holder will have some Product expertise within the VG Controls product portfolio, and will be of a ‘Principal’ or Senior Grade.
• Will preferably have had experience working offshore.
• Flexibility to work across the full range of the Company products within their particular discipline.
• Must be capable of working to and within the Contract articles.
• Must be able to communicate effectively – verbal and written English.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules and be ‘commercially aware’ in engineering solutions.
• Must be self-motivated, and have the ability to lead a number of engineers / designers.
• The person must also be willing to broaden their knowledge across a number products.
• nowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes
• Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
To apply, click here