GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas
At GE Oil & Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Posted Position Title
West Africa Commercial Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available
As Commercial Leader for West Africa, the successful candidate manages commercial positioning and operations. The role involves detailed work both between customers, and concessionaires/NOC to ensure optimum business growth and margins following GE risk processes. This is a critical leadership role in the business and will offer significant ability to grow our business locally in Nigeria and regionally in a challenging environment.
• Develop and execute a global commercial growth strategy for Oil and Gas West Africa
• Work with the regional commercial team to develop and execute account strategies in pursuit of top line growth and margin expansion.
• Develop strategic relationships with key customers and decision makers.
• Coordinate and align global sales strategy with regional business needs and priorities, incorporating relevant input from P&Ls.
• Accountable for orders, sales and margin results against GPB, OP forecasts.
• Coordinate with regional commercial team to implement account strategies, structure deals and close orders.
• Leverage the breadth of GE to increase competitive advantage.
• Review our current comm-ops capability across G&G and ensure overall improvement both in output and process alignment
• Manage and develop a team of commercial account managers
• Accountable for the attraction and development of talent, succession planning and sustainability of commercial pipeline with depth of expertise within Subsea.
• Champion broad-based customer-centered initiatives (e.g. NPS, cross-enterprise sales, solution selling).
• Promote a customer-centric mindset, lead a culture of quality and integrity.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
• At least 10 additional years of experience in O&G sales leadership with an exceptional track record.
• Fluency in English
• Global experience working abroad for a multinational organization in a leadership role with direct reports
• At least 5 years of leadership experience and proven track record of management and compliance leadership
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification
• Experience working in multiple countries
• Ability to develop influential customer relationships, plans, sales strategies, presentations, and proposals
• Strong sales team leadership skills with a successful sales growth track record
• Strong customer mindset
• Strong influence and negotiation skills
• Understanding of GE’s and customer’s financial drivers / needs
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Knowledge of market economics, competitive issues, technology and projects
Click here to apply