Since 1974, ExxonMobil upstream affiliates in Nigeria – Esso Exploration and production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) and Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) have supported the education of thousands of Nigerian students through the Companies’ various scholarship schemes. These schemes include:
Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
This program is funded by Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture. Since 1998, a total of 500 undergraduate scholarships are awarded annually. This is a significant increase on the 13 awards offered at inception of the scheme in 1974. The awards are made to suitably qualified students from every state of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). However, about 62 per cent of the total NNPC/MPN Undergraduate scholarship awards are allocated to students who are indigenes of the operational communities/ States – Akwa Ibom (50%) and Rivers States (12%). There is also a merit award (10%) to the best 50 candidates in the selection tests. The remaining places go to students from other states including the Federal Capital territory (FCT), based on merit and fair geographical spread. The current scholarship awards are for disciplines in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics and Civil,) Geology/Geophysics, Medicine, Agricultural Science (and related fields) as well as Computer Science.
International and National Post Graduate Scholarship Awards
These programs are sponsored by Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) in production sharing contract with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) as co-venturer The awards, which focus on Geosciences and Engineering disciplines are part of efforts at developing people for rewarding and productive careers in the petroleum industry. To qualify for these scholarship awards, the candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in a recognized University either in Nigeria or the USA, Canada, United Kingdom or any EU country, for the national or international post graduate award respectively. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
As at 2012, a total of 100 young Nigerians have been sponsored for international post graduate studies since 1994, while another 109 persons have gone through similar programs in Nigerian universities since 2007 These scholarship programs are amongst several initiatives by the ExxonMobil upstream subsidiary companies EEPNL and MPN), along with the respective partners and co-venturer, to help build capacities of young and brilliant Nigerians and further boost pool of qualified manpower for career opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
n continuation of efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) is offering Scholarships to outstanding Nigerian graduates wishing to pursue International post-graduate studies in the under listed disciplines:
- Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil/Structural, Marine and Subsea)
To qualify, applicants MUST:
1. Must be a graduate from a Nigerian University
2. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the listed Engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission to undertake full-time postgraduate study at a reputable foreign University (MSc or MEng) in the 2014/2015 academic session.
4. Specialization in Geophysics would be an advantage.
The NNPC/ESSO scholarship award applies to tuition, books, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the selected course of study.
- Application closes Midnight, Tuesday 24th October, 2014.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted with details of the qualifying test via SMS text and Email.
- Employees of ExxonMobil Subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are not eligible for this Scholarship.
Visit Scholastica Website to ApplyWatch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
Before you start this application
1. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph (with white background not more than 3 months old)
- Valid ID card
- Proof of provisional admission for Postgraduate Study into any reputable university
- First Degree Certificate
- Birth Certificate
2. Ensure you label these scanned documents accordingly, to avoid mixing up documents during upload.
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.